Greetings family and friends:
As we approach Valentine’s day many start to think about whether they should give or will receive, cards, candy, flowers ,chocolates, engagement rings, romantic getaways and other flashy things that are given as a sign of affection and love. These are all appreciated; however I find that when one gives time, affection and attention to those who do not expect it, it gives a greater feeling of joy pride, love and connection to one’s divine self.
One of the recommendations from my spiritual forecast for 2013 was for all of us to commit weekly to doing 3 random acts of kindness and love. Since I have committed myself to continuously practicing this, I have experienced a constant feeling of euphoria.
Can you imagine how many lives WILL be changed and impacted throughout the world WHEN everyone joins in on raising this vibratory love energy? Here are a few things that you can do to help you feel the love as we join together in sending healing energy to the Universe.
- Take $3.00 in quarters and walk down a street. Find a few meters that have expired their time and see which cars may get towed, fined or encounter some other unwanted situation. Plug the meters and imagine the joy and relief that the person rushing to the meter will feel once they realize that their fears have been quelled.
2) Cook a big pot of lentil soup with potatoes. Stand on a corner where there are signs of people who are homeless and give them a bowl of your “love soup”. Watch their faces light up and your heart soar!!
3) Offer to pay for the groceries for the struggling mother in the grocery line who is in front of you.
4) Pay the toll for the car behind you at the toll booth
5) On your next trip to the grocery store, purchase a bag of apples and/or oranges and give it to a family who has children.
6) Find something outstanding about someone at work, church, school or just a stranger and tell them how great they look. Watch the look on their face and share that joyful moment with them!!
Showing love randomly is such a cheap high! (Smile)!
To read more from the Meaningful Monday book series please visit Shop Yeyefini and purchase Meaningful Mondays: Developing and Maintaining Balance through the Seasons with Prayers, Baths and Healthful Living (2010). I encourage you to explore the many other spiritual products such as baths, washes, instructional and meditation cd’s offered by Yeyefini Balanced Living. Please join my mailing list to receive updates about upcoming events, services, products and monthly specials.